Drawbridge is a sophisticated acquirer of short and long-term leased, single tenant buildings, including corporate sale-leasebacks and build-to-suits, and also of currently vacant buildings that lend themselves to repositioning and leasing to single tenants. Drawbridge focuses on the acquisition, development, and redevelopment of commercial office, R&D, life science, and industrial properties suitable for corporate tenants in select markets in the United States.
Drawbridge employs a two-tiered investment strategy, acquiring both core-plus investments that offer stable and increasing income, and select value-add opportunities where repositioning to stabilized, core-plus investments increases occupancy and cash flow. Drawbridge creates value for investors by building a scaled and increasingly diversified portfolio by focusing on established corporate relationships and corporate user requirements, including: leased strategic corporate facility acquisitions; sale-leasebacks from corporate sellers; value-add repositioning of assets with a pre-defined leasing strategy; conversions to higher and better uses; distressed/special situations; and build-to-suit developments. Drawbridge focuses prominently on secular growth markets in the United States markets with favorable supply and demand dynamics, and also considers other compelling markets with strong fundamentals.
- Strategically-located stabilized short-term and long-term leased investments including corporate office, R&D, life science, and industrial/flex space
- Value-add projects that require repositioning, renovation, lease-up or similar enhancements that will add value
- Buildings acquired will typically accommodate larger tenant profiles
- Portfolio purchases across product types and locations. Interested in both direct investments and joint venture deals
- Drawbridge will pursue corporate sale/leaseback opportunities
- Drawbridge has the ability to craft a creative acquisition structure for sellers on a tax-deferred basis
- Drawbridge will consider opportunities to acquire notes secured by real estate
Predominantly western United States markets with a current emphasis on: the Silicon Valley, California; Orange County, California; San Diego County, California; Austin, Texas; Salt Lake City, Utah; the Pacific Northwest; Denver, Colorado and select secular growth markets across the United States.